What makes us different?
At Ken & Gina's, we make our ice cream and baked goods from scratch - including our own proprietary base mix! All of our ingredients are nut-free, and wherever we have the option to use fair-trade, we do. And, yes, our commercial kitchen is nut-free!
Here's the scoop:
- We get our milk and cream from a local dairy farm.
- We make our base mix (that's your dairy, sugar and eggs) from scratch and pasteurize it ourselves in our 30-gallon pasteurizer.
- We never add artificial stabilizers or chemicals to our base mix or ice cream flavorings.
- We add real flavorings - like pure vanilla extract or cocoa powder - to our base mix and churn that in our 24-quart batch freezer to make ice cream - one small batch at a time!
- Our ice cream is hand-packed in pint and 4 oz. single-serving containers.
- Our ice cream sandwiches are made with our own baked cookies - also nut-free and we never add anything artificial to them!